Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope y'all are having a great kickoff weekend to the Summer!

Not much relaxation for me this weekend...I've been very busy--working out at the gym, painting furniture, working in my garden, and today I attended a church I have been visiting. This was my third visit and I'm excited about this church. It's so hard to find a new church when you move to a new town! After services, I stopped by "The Square at Traditions" on the way home and tried the "Crepe Maker" for lunch. This was my first time to dine at this restaurant and I must say that I really enjoyed it.

To start, I enjoyed the Brie & Mushroom soup. It was very tasty, but I admit, I was a little shocked to be presented with a plastic soup spoon in a French bistro-style cafe. I also had the veggie crepe...The California--with pine nuts, marinated sun dried tomatoes, baby leaf spinach, tomatoes, melted mozzarella cheese, and pesto sauce.

A cup of espresso...yes ma'am!

Visit their website here to find out if there's a Crepe Maker near you.

"Here's What I Wore" today...

Y'all know Miss Janice wears only dresses to church, so I chose this cute little lime green linen shift. I purchased this shift from Appleseed's a couple of years ago in several colors and I wear them all soooo much. Since it's always chilly in the sanctuary, I wore my "Saks Real Clothes" black sweater throw over the shoulder.



Don't you just love my darling black ballet flats with the pearl adornment--I found these online at The Snappy-Turtle's website here. I carried my black Chanel 2.55 shoulder bag...with the silver chain, because the flats have a little silver ribbon attached. I wore ivory stockings...I was in church y'all--stockings are a must! Of course I wore my pearls with the matching pearl stud earrings. My ponytail was adorned with a black grosgrain ribbon bow. I did not wear my watch in church...not appropriate; but, I did wear my pearl bracelet and my Cartier roll ring wedding band. I polished it all off with a splash of Coco Mademoiselle cologne spray, hand cream, and Chanel dusting powder!

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit and enjoy the holiday!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and it's lovely! That dress is super cute, especially with the sweater.
I know what you mean about trying to find a new church in a new city. It can sometimes take a long time! It took me about 6 months to find the church I'm going to now...I got so tired of "trying on" churches after awhile, and vowed that the next would be my last stop. And it was a perfect fit :)

Sandra said...

I haven't purchased anything from Appleseed's in years. I used to love their ribbon sweaters! Darling outfit. Yes, finding a new church is one of the most difficult things ever. Have a great day! xoxo

PoshMomma said...

I totally ADORE your "here's what I'm wearing" posts. They are the MOST fun. Thank you for sharing. I LOVE those black flats. They are perfection in shoe form.

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

EEEk! I did not know that it was not appropriate to don a watch on at church! My Michele is always on my wrist! Glad to know that I cant wear it on sundays! Thanks for the info!

Jiffyinthegreenvest said...

I adore your blog Miss Janice! Coco Mademoiselle is one of my favorite scents and I always seem to get compliments when I wear it.

bj said...

Your lunch looks delicious and I am pretty sure YOU looked really great in church this morning.
You are such a cutie...and is it not proper to wear a watch to church? I've never heard that before.
Have a good holiday...

emcr1229 said...

Good luck finding the right church - that can be a hard decision.

I love your wardrobe and how you are always so appropriate.

Lady Katherine said...

The food looked really good! Love your shoes! I always keep a long sleeve jacket to wear over my dresses or slacks. For everywhere I go they keep it too cold!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I always keep a "wrap" handy too in AC season. Somehow wherever I sit seems to be highly "vented" - however sometimes (during a personal power surge it feels pretty good!) - good luck with your Church search. Hope you find the one that's perfect for you!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

I love the pearl detailing on your flats Miss. Janice! Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

Miss Janice,
I just wanted you to know that I went dress shopping after reading several months ago that you never ever wear pants to church! I owe you a very gracious "thank you" for reminding me that I am first and foremost, a lady.
Hope the new church is a good fit! I just started going to a new church a couple of months ago. I know how difficult it can be to find the "one" that becomes family.
Good night!

Cary

Anonymous said...

Oh, one more thing...

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for making everyone aware that donning a watch for Sunday Service is NOT appropriate- unless you are the minister!

My father is a minister and it is so very distracting (and disheartening!) for him to look out in the sanctuary and see everyone checking the time.

Cary

Miss Janice said...

Teasinglydiverse: Thank you for the kind words!
Preppy 101: I loved those sweaters also!
Posh Moma: You are too sweet!
Southern Housewife: You don't want to appear as though time matters:)
Jiffy: My Yorkie "Miss Coco" loves it as well!
BJ: It's what I've always heard!
emcr1229: Thanks...I try to be!
Lady Katherine: Hugs & kisses to you!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I covet your Chanel bag everytime I see a photo of it. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to covet. Uh Oh...

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Janice! Looks like you had a peaceful day! With all the flu going around a plastic spoon can be forgiven!lol I adore your style of dress! I wish I could find plus size clothes with this much class!(instead of the standard circus tent issue which I refuse to purchase!!!lol)People wonder why I'm always wearing black!lol I think I've told you I've worn Channel 19 for sooo many years and can no longer find it anywhere so I'm going to check out your "Mademoiselle"! I just returned home from clothes shopping and am quite depressed but ended up with blk/white!!again! And I believe stockings should be worn more often!!!lol Have a great week - Sincerely, Jeannette

Miss Janice said...

Belle: I have some more of them for you to 'covet'!
Thanks Mid-Atlantic Martha, Cary, and Black Labs and Lilly!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I found you through blog hopping! I'm always on the lookout for someone new to admire. I can't wait to spend more time on your blog.

QueenBeeSwain said...

Miss Janice- you are just to cha-cha for words! Love that you are a lady and always wear a dress to church- those ballet flats are so charming, btw :)

So glad that my wedding of the week selections are in-line with your thoughts- you are THE expert!

kHm

Nanette said...

Miss Janice,
Your outfit was lovely. It sounds like you had a nice peaceful day, always a good way to finish out a busy weekend! We will be leaving tomorrow and I just wanted to stop by to wish you a wonderful week. Take care of yourself, we will be thinking of you!
Valerie

Unknown said...

I hope you find a church home! That is sometimes a difficult fit to find. I'm sure you made quite a statement in your snappy little outfit! :)

The lunch looked yummy!

~Liz

Suzanne said...

Oh, that veggie crepe looks delicious!

Hope you enjoyed the rest of the holiday weekend!

Domestic Diva said...

Love the outfit and the lunch looks divine.
xxxxx me

cancersucks said...

Those shoes are the best...I am lovin' your restaurant review. My gfs and I went to dinner the other night at a new place. My friend told the waitress I have a 'FAMOUS' blog and the next thing you know the chef and owner showed up to thank us. I guess I HAVE to write a review now...hmmm!

Melissa Miller said...

Miss Janice your lunch looked tasty!

Your clothing style is just impeccable. You are my role model. Sigh. :)

Miss Janice said...

Jeannette, I think you will love Coco Mad...it is a very classic scent!
Hope you visit again soon Annie:)
Queen Bee...you know I love your NY Times Wedding Posts!
Safe travels to you Valerie and thank you Liz!
Thanks also to Domestic Diva, Tamara, and Melissa!