Sunday, December 11, 2011

Third Sunday of Advent

It's the third Sunday of Advent and the third {rose} candle will be lit. The rose candle represents "Joy and Rejoicing" at the mid point of Advent.
I'm in Georgia right now visiting with my Mama and enjoying time with her during the Christmas season. I've been working on my "Christmas 2011 Bucket List" everyday...

Day #8...Sunday...I made Nutella Hot Chocolate. I don't think there's anything that doesn't taste great with Nutella. I added a heaping tablespoon of the chocolate goodness to 1 1/2 cup of milk. I heated this over the stove and kept whisking away until the mixture was blended. It was fabulous with marshmallows on top!




Monday night, I sipped Merlot from a custom-designed Christmas goblet. This goblet is part of a set which was hand-painted and gifted to me by my late friend Betty Marston. Miss Betty gave me these precious goblets the last time I saw her at my home near Memphis.



Tuesday night, I sipped Merlot...yes again...while packing for my trip to Georgia! This time I brought out my whimsical gingerbread men goblets.







Wednesday night, I spent some time with my best friend in Augusta, Teresa Jane. Peppermint milkshakes were our choice of beverage for the night...we stayed up late talking about the good times, bad times, and downright embarrassing times!



Of course, Teresa Jane and I both have the same LVs!!!!














Thursday night I spent relaxing at Mama's house...addressing my Christmas cards. Tradition. Must do these at Mama's house!



On Friday I decided to wear a "Tacky Christmas Sweater" for the day...It was okay 'cuz Mama likes the Christmas sweaters!



I wore these festive Christmas tree socks and green Revas...



We filled up the thermos with hot chocolate and headed out at dark to see the neighborhood Christmas lights.



On Saturday, I wore another "Tacky Christmas Sweater" with red suede ballet flats and candy cane Christmas socks.



We had lunch at The Swanson House in Perry...Mama and I both love this restaurant.



Mama...aka "Miss Pauline"




After lunch...we stopped at Starbucks for a peppermint fix...Peppermint Mocha and the Peppermint Cake Pops!



The Peppermint Pops have brownie cake fillings!









I'm looking forward to spending more time with my Mama and hope y'all are having a wonderful Christmas season!

27 comments:

MissJoAnn said...

Hi! It's "JoAnn with the matching Gingerbread Sweater"! That thing is 10 yo, but I get it out on the last Sunday before Christmas..I teach 3 yo Sunday School and it has never failed to be a hit with them!
Love the gingerbread goblets, and your mama is so beautiful and elegant!

Bethany said...

Your mother is just as adorable as you! Love the Revas and holiday socks.

Have a wonderful day!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Well it seems to me as if Miss Janice knows how to do the season up right. I can do the Christmas socks, but the sweaters are best left to the professionals! I adore the fact that you and your bff have matchin' LV! And your Mama is lookin' lovely! What a magical time of year for those who take time to believe it ALL!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten

Tammy B said...

I love your Mama's coat. That is sharp. Perry, Georgia! Isn't that the home of The Tog Shop? I know you are enjoying the time spent with your Mama. Last night I wore my LL Bean Christmas Fair Isle cardigan to a party. It had reindeer on the yoke. I wonder if there are any "tasteful" Christmas sweaters out there. Have a great time in Georgia.

Michelle said...

Love your Christmas Bucket List! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time visiting with your friends and family! Say hello to your Mama from blogland!

Teresa Jane said...

Miss Janice knows her BFF is not as fashion friendly as she is but one thing is for sure is that I do not have any of those tacky sweaters anymore. hahahaha.

Mona said...

Miss Pauline looks lovely as does her fireplace!

Sherrie said...

Your photos are definitely putting me in the Christmas spirit! Your mom is adorable. Sounds like you are enjoying the season. :)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Miss Janice -- you sure know how to put the "Merry" into Christmas! What a great way to put a little festivity into each and every day! I just know that you and your sweet Mama are having a wonderful time celebrating together. She's just precious!

Glitterista said...

I hope you're having a wonderful time at home with your mother. Love the picture of Miss Pauline in her gorgeous red coat. :)

Kara said...

Dearest Miss Janice...I so envy you your time with your Mama....I do so miss my dear, sweet, fiesty Mama..
Enjoy your time with her and keep that list going...I LoVe it!

Brittany said...

Your mother is just darling and I love the Christmas vest!

This post really makes me want to go back to Macon and Augusta although I was just there for Thanksgiving. I feel the Christmas spirit a lot more when I'm there than in Florida.

Have a great week!

Suburban Princess said...

I love it all!! I must get my Christmas sweaters out of their storage spot and have them ready for the next few weeks! I also have a collection of Christmas scarves I can't wait to wear!

Looks like you are having a terrific weekend with your gorgeous mama!

Amber said...

Hello Miss Janice,
Your Mother is lovely!!! Oh I hope I look that lovely as the years gather.

I am dieing to know where to get the ballet flats with the pearls on the toes and that cute little bow...oh to die for!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Amber said...

Hello MIss Janice,
Your Mother is just lovely. I hope I look that lovely as the years gather.

I am dieing to know where I can find those cute ballet flats with the pearls on the toes...to die for.

Have a Merry Christmas!!!

AngelaV said...

Your mother is lovely. I've been reading her comments on Twitter and she sounds just like my mother! My mother even brings out the Christmas china, placemats, red and green napkins and, I had to laugh, the little bell that matches the china!!

My hair is curly but I flat ironed it once. She went on and on about how "I just don't like your hair like that!". LOL!

Miss Janice said...

Amber,
I have two pairs {not bragging y'all} of the ballet flats with the pearls on the toes. They are made by Cochni. I have the black leather ones and the green suede ones. I found the black ones at TheSnappyTurtle.com a LONG time ago. I found the green suede ones at TwoFriends.com in PERRY:) They don't make these anymore...I would just keep checking on eBay!

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Janice! I just love those Christmas sweaters. I did read somewhere they were called 'tacky'! Poop! Who cares? I love 'em and wore one to the Galleria in Houston on Saturday and I turned heads! :)
Oh, of course you can use my snaps. Take anything you want. I'm honored.
You are the sweetie,
Shelia ;0

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Miss Janice, Thank you for your nice comments on my dining room!! I e-mailed you the other day, but it kept saying no reply/could not deliver...something like that. So, I've been meaning to stop by and tell you that you can post any of my trees on your blog. I will try to e-mail them to you again...

Kristen

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Miss Janice, Thank you for your nice comments on my dining room!! I e-mailed you the other day, but it kept saying no reply/could not deliver...something like that. So, I've been meaning to stop by and tell you that you can post any of my trees on your blog. I will try to e-mail them to you again...

Kristen

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Sounds like your holidays are filled with lots of family and wonderful yumminess, Miss Janice! I never thought about hot chocolate made with Nutella...must try it! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Bon La La said...

So glad you shared the meaning of the advent candle! & also - love nutella! Can't wait to try!

Kristens Creations said...

I am definitely trying nutella hot chocolate...yum!! Have fun visiting with your Mama!

Love all of your gingerbread kichen stuff...too cute!! We think alike! Kristen

Debra from Bungalow said...

Sounds like you definitely had a good time and your Mother looks great! I love nutella anything!

Thanks you for coming by my blog and your sweet comment.
Happy Holidays!

Mimi said...

What fun you're having this special Christmas season but looks like the most fun is with your sweet Mama ~ now I see where you get your beauty because Miss Pauline is a beautiful lady! Merry Christmas!

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

Love it! :) Your mama is so precious!

Kathie Truitt said...

Janice, I don't think those sweaters are tacky at all. They're adorable!! And your mother is beautiful. THank you for sharing.